Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Trip to Tucson

Annalise continues to recover.  We came home Friday evening.  The first night home was great.  She even slept through the night.  However, the nights since then have been a different story.  She does pretty well during the day as long is she is on the pain medicine, but at night, the muscle spasms seem to continue to come right through the meds.  She doesn't want me to leave her side, so we are spending some quality time together reading, coloring, and playing with toys that she got from my wonderful friend Bobbie and my Mom!  If you want to read a more thorough description of how she is doing and see pictures, feel free to check out our family blog.  I will be posting more there as I get some time.

Today, Annalise will be spending the day with Denise, one of our respite workers.  Hopefully she will do well.  I will be heading to Tucson with Bryce to meet with Marsha Dunn Klein to learn more about what type of blended diet will work for Bryce.  Laura Hinners, Bryce and Annalise's speech therapist, will be going with us.   We will be meeting with a nutritionist as well.  Although I wish I did not have to leave Annalise here, I am really looking forward to meeting with Marsha and learning from her.  It is a great opportunity!

No comments: